PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gustavus Adolphus
18-05-2005, 05:01
With the release in NA there are alot of new people who have questions, myself included. So I guess we need a thread to post questions in. First question, can you check on the condition of the Pope? Oh and also, does anyone know how to get that timer?

Elvain
18-05-2005, 08:01
nice idea, but I'm afraid nobody will use it. Experience speaks.
1) Everybody rather asks a question first and waits for answer than searching for an answer first.
2) When asking HIS question, everybody starts own thread instead of posting it in some question thread. Every new member does the same. I did it too when I was a newbie :go:

to have pope you need 4-5 star cleric and then luck. I think that most experienced cleric among all catholic clerics is elected as pope...
for timer, press F11

Angryminer
18-05-2005, 11:22
1. "Condition of the pope?" I'm not sure what you want to know. You mean his age? No, I that isn't possible, but when he becomes "old" a message will appear in the event-log saying "RELIGION: The pope is getting old."
2. Press the key "F11", like I said before. :wink:

Angryminer

Gustavus Adolphus
18-05-2005, 15:33
1 Didn't think so. :sad:
2 :lol: angryminer earlyier when i tried the timer thing it must have crashed the game, so I thought it was a button that closesed the game really fast. :lol: Anyway thanks for clearing that up. And if no one else uses this thread for questions, i guess i will.

All My Heroes
18-05-2005, 16:34
i have a question.

does the rank of your kings skill matter if you place him in a job?
like if your king has 3 marshal stars then will he be a better marshal?
or if your prince has 3 espionage will he be a better spy?
note im not talking about educating your king/prince. just their stars.

Elvain
18-05-2005, 17:13
the stars you can see in royal family window mean his bonuses for the entire kingdom. I don't know if it indicates his own ability as knight. I never thought about it...

Baghera
18-05-2005, 19:36
I never thought about it...

WOW a game mechanic that Elvain doesn't know inside out and modified a few times already! :eek:

Da Bomb
18-05-2005, 22:03
I was reading the manual and this is exactly what it says about those stats:

"KING TALENTS
Your king can have up to five talents in three different levels of development, which determine his personality. The talents and their level of development are fixed and do not change. The higher the level of development, the higher the bonus for that talent. They are first shown when a King is but a Prince, and stay constant until his death. You cannot see an enemy king's skills.

ECONOMY: You get a bonus in your overall kingdom income as well as benefits to the King's performace when assigned as a Merchant.

DIPLOMACY: Your King's diplomatic rating affects all diplomatic decisions. For instance, this means that you can more easily gain approval of your proposals.

WARFARE: All of your armies receive a morale bonus based on this talent's level of development.

ESPIONAGE: This talent increases the chance of success for all your spies.

RELIGION: This talent speeds the conversion process and improves your Clerics' performance."

Hope that helps!

Gustavus Adolphus
18-05-2005, 22:29
Ok I have another question. How do you take a screenshot?

All My Heroes
18-05-2005, 22:32
to take a screenshot i usually press the "PrtScn" button

Da Bomb, thx but thats what it also says in game. what im asking is do those talents matter when you place your king/prince as a marshall? or a merchant? or a priest?

Gustavus Adolphus
18-05-2005, 22:41
Thanks hero. :) Edit: Ok i have another question. Where do i go to see them? :lol: I looked in the KoH folder and i cant find it. :confused:

Da Bomb
18-05-2005, 22:44
It will only help them specifically and not all your knights I think when he becomes a merchant. Otherwise, the benefits are among all the knights.

Elvain
19-05-2005, 04:04
Thanks hero. :) Edit: Ok i have another question. Where do i go to see them? :lol: I looked in the KoH folder and i cant find it. :confused:
so press alt+tab that will switch you to Windows and then put it in Paintbrush or some paint editor... and save it wherevery you want.

Gustavus Adolphus
19-05-2005, 05:07
Ok thanks Elvain. :go:

All My Heroes
19-05-2005, 06:48
hmm thats weird. mine is usually saved at "Black Sea Studios\Knights Of Honor\Shots"

Elvain
19-05-2005, 11:34
it difers from one computer to another

contactkoh
19-05-2005, 14:32
Questions:
1. I got 16000 gold and Inflation started!! What can I do??
2. My country is constantly at War with some distant nations. Rebels are everywhere. If i make peace, some other country declares war on me. How can I increase Hapiness and reduce rebels???
3. How can I increase speed of moving marshalls?? (I play on laptop and it doesnt have separate + - buttons) Also, does that increase Overall game progress speed., not just marshall's speed???

help~~~~~~

Angryminer
19-05-2005, 14:54
1. Spend money. Inflation will go gown again.
2. There is no substitute to peace. Also be sure to adopt the foreign population in recently conquered provinces using a cleric as a governor and books.
3. Refer to your laptop's manual to find our how to activate the numpad-keys on your laptop. There is always a function-key to activate the numpad.
And yes, the overall gamespeed is increased.
And about the marshalls: There is a marshall-skill that speeds up the movement of armies. Use that skill.

Angryminer

batulimaboy
19-05-2005, 14:55
Questions:
1. I got 16000 gold and Inflation started!! What can I do??
2. My country is constantly at War with some distant nations. Rebels are everywhere. If i make peace, some other country declares war on me. How can I increase Hapiness and reduce rebels???
3. How can I increase speed of moving marshalls?? (I play on laptop and it doesnt have separate + - buttons) Also, does that increase Overall game progress speed., not just marshall's speed???

help~~~~~~

1. spend your money so that inflation will decrease
2. increase ur kingdom par if possible to make ur people happy and then reduce the rebel possibility. u can check ur people hapiness near the building icon there...
3. for laptop, press Fn * to increase the speed of game.

well i hope this might help u.

contactkoh
19-05-2005, 18:08
thanks

Is there a way I can skip/remove the intro movies??