PDA

View Full Version : New to game.Need help!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 11:56
Hi.
I jut bought this fantastic game called Knights Of Honor.But something isn't right.when I try to run the learning campaign it doesen't start.However I found this website as I was trying to fix the problem.So here I am here asking annoying questions for the game.I know of the gold income and books and piety.I also figured out about the populations.So what I wanna know is how to increase my gold income and book income and piety income.I know that theres diplomacy in the game in the map but I don't know how to use it yet.I'm dissapointed from the units in the game.Only peasant!But are they the only units in the game?What are those sqares at the top of my screen.I know of the kingdom advantages but I don't know how to gain them!And do they do?Whats all about that pope?Whats his role in the game?Battles are cool!Can I somehow make a wall around my castle?
HELP!!!!

P.S.Sory about the number of the questions but I realy wanna learn how to play this game becuase I think its got a lot of potentual!

Mircoslavux
27-07-2005, 11:59
Hi.
I jut bought this fantastic game called Knights Of Honor.But something isn't right.when I try to run the learning campaign it doesen't start.However I found this website as I was trying to fix the problem.So here I am here asking annoying questions for the game.I know of the gold income and books and piety.I also figured out about the populations.So what I wanna know is how to increase my gold income and book income and piety income.I know that theres diplomacy in the game in the map but I don't know how to use it yet.I'm dissapointed from the units in the game.Only peasant!But are they the only units in the game?What are those sqares at the top of my screen.I know of the kingdom advantages but I don't know how to gain them!And do they do?Whats all about that pope?Whats his role in the game?Battles are cool!Can I somehow make a wall around my castle?
HELP!!!!

P.S.Sory about the number of the questions but I realy wanna learn how to play this game becuase I think its got a lot of potentual!

hoi, welcome to forum, :hello:
if you have enough time, try to look through the forums, there are many useful information.
:go:

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 12:01
I've got time but why look in difrent forums?I don't know anything about the game yet!It will be all mumbojumbo to me.Thats why I want to discuss it here where someone can help me!

hawk_knight
27-07-2005, 12:43
hi, welcome to the forum Jabajo.

the question about your gold income you get more gold by tax and by your merchants wich trade with other countrys for gold.

your book income: a church makes books and a cleric makes books.
With your books you can make nostaliga disapear from a town that you had conquered from your enemy's.

Peasants are not the only units in the game on the official site of knights of honor you can look at the units showcase if you want to see all the units of koh http://www.knightsofhonor.com/ in the game you can built buildings that let you make diffrent units in each town there are diffrent units that you can make.

your question about the stone wall first you can make a woodenwall around your castle and you can update that wooden wall to a stone wall. when you have in of gold to doe so.

those empty sltos at the top of your screen are slots where you can put your knights example a cleric, merchant, marschal, land builder, spy and a food lord. For the correct list of knights you can look it up on the knights of honor site. :wink:

piety is raised by the church and it can be used to gain kingdom power.

for your other questions you can look through this forum for answers or you can check the knights of honor site :go:

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 12:51
I see.But a wooden wall isn't a stone wall.I must upgrade it right.I bet thet costs money.There are um workers in each town right?How can I increase the number of workers?What are them sqares on the top of the srceen?Are there many other units?What about other recosrces?How does the map works?What does it show?Are there other types of maps I can use to view on something?Whats the politics?
SOMEONE HELP ME!!

hawk_knight
27-07-2005, 13:02
I see.But a wooden wall isn't a stone wall.I must upgrade it right.I bet thet costs money.There are um workers in each town right?How can I increase the number of workers?What are them sqares on the top of the srceen?Are there many other units?What about other recosrces?How does the map works?What does it show?Are there other types of maps I can use to view on something?Whats the politics?
SOMEONE HELP ME!!

yes there are number of workers in each town you can upgrade the town with more workers by building a Inn and a tool smithy.

you can look at the bottom of the screen in the game you can look at the diplomacy map and the marriage map that shows crowns a female crowns means that is has a princesor princesses at his court that you prince can marry and a mans crown means that he has prince's ready wich can marry your kings daughters :wink:

your questions about politics you can look at a good explanation on the knights of honor site. and for the types of maps :go:

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:11
Okay thanks I guess.Look how do I upgrade the buildings?Also-what about resources?I mean the others besides gold,books and piety?Where do I get them?Are there certain buildings that I need to build to gain resources.What about..um..exotic goods.(I'm not so s**** if there are any of these things?)Where do I get them,what do I need about them and will it cost me resources.

P.S.Stop saying "look at the site"!The site is only saiyng "on tops" things.I want to hear what do the PLAYERS think and know.Its them who I need to ask not look ar the site!

Angryminer
27-07-2005, 13:17
I think I found something nice for you...
On the forums of the company "Paradox Entertainment" a user created a KoH-guide that introduces players to KoH. You can download it here (http://www.freewebs.com/lordboreal/Lord%20Boreal's%20Newbie%20Guide%20to%20Knights%20 of%20Honour.doc). That should cover most of your questions. :go:

Angryminer

hawk_knight
27-07-2005, 13:19
Okay thanks I guess.Look how do I upgrade the buildings?Also-what about resources?I mean the others besides gold,books and piety?Where do I get them?Are there certain buildings that I need to build to gain resources.What about..um..exotic goods.(I'm not so s**** if there are any of these things?)Where do I get them,what do I need about them and will it cost me resources.

P.S.Stop saying "look at the site"!The site is only saiyng "on tops" things.I want to hear what do the PLAYERS think and know.Its them who I need to ask not look ar the site!

resources are gathered automaticlly by the town you only need gold to build a building and a building can be updated when you see a button on the right of the building picture :wink:

you can gain exotic goods by building a harbor then upgrade it to admirality. When you click at the building you can see a smal anchor when you click on that you can see the exotic goods you can import. you can only import one ecotic good per admirality.

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:20
Wow!You did all of that searching ofr me?I...um...don't know what to say.Thanks?

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:21
Um.Didn't work!Some error ocuared!It can convert the doc.Damn!Well back to the chat!Can someone answer my qestions?

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:23
No wait cancel that.It works!Hold on!

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:24
But its only to chapter 8!

Angryminer
27-07-2005, 13:25
The user didn't complete the guide yet. However, you should have fewer problems with the interface after reading the guide. That should get you started at least. :go:
Also, taking a look at your manual and reading everything you didn't know yet will propably help you sort some more features out.

Angryminer

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:33
Okay here are the new questions:
1.Whats morale and why do I need it?
2.Which bulidings do I need to get special army?
3.Which buildings are the most common for recuting most common army?
4.Whats lather,salt,wine etc.
5.Why bulidngs are builded so slwoly?
6.Why some buildings can't be upgraded?
7.Whtas the popes role in the game?
8.Howcome whenever I build stables I can't recuit mountined units?
9.What to do whenever I face up a wall when I attack a province?
10.Why can't I recuit sege machines even though I builded Seige Workshop?
11.What are does stars under my marshals photo?And what do they do?
12.What are them little numbers under the spies?
13.My spy ha a star under him-what for?
14.When I click on a merchant,etc. I see not only hes options but I alwso see some book-what for?
15.When will the game end?
16.A cursrade!How can I join one nad what to do if its agains me?
17.My king has no children!Who will inhire his crown now?
18.Can spies kill kings,queens,etc.?
19.How to protect my king's family aginst spies?
20.Population is rebeling!Why?What to do?

Kris_stz
27-07-2005, 13:41
No good.I lost my manual right after I installed the game.I though that it would be a pice of cake but I was wrong.Anyway you guys will help him right?

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 13:44
I did the same as him.Besides my manual was very thin I doubt that it will help me right?But you'll all help me right?

Xuca
27-07-2005, 15:49
I'll answer first 5 questions:

1. When your units have low morale, they'll retreat or surrender. Many things can influence it, like casualites, night, arrows, fleeing friends... There are also marshal skills that improve your morale or discrease ememy's
2. You can look for kingdom or province special units when you click the recruitbutton. Most units will be faded out, and you will see which buildings they require when you put your mouse over them
3.Swordsmith - swordsmen, spearmaker - spearmen, fletcher - archers, bowmen, slavonic bowmen, axe smith - axemen, slavonic axemen. Note that not all units are available everywhere
4.Those are resources. They are needed for kingdom advantages and they improve the amount of money your merchant earns when trading.
5. That depends on the number of workers and how advanced the building is. If you want, you can build it imeditely by clicking on the little lighting icon, but that cost money

Jabajo
27-07-2005, 15:58
Thanks.I think that when you answer my other questions I'll know something more so please go on.
I have another question but I think that I'll get it answered myself after you answer my other qustions.
P.S. Sory if I got you confused.

Kris_stz
27-07-2005, 16:01
You tell him Xuca because I can't right now or tommorow,because I'll be going outtatown and I won't be intouch with computers at all!But I'll be happy to help Jabajo in anyway possible!