PDA

View Full Version : Comment on the Graphics

Pages : [1] 2

Xante
31-01-2004, 04:23
I wanted to comment on the the in game graphics they are wonderful and very detailed! You don't normally see games these days sporting hand drawn 2D graphics. Which i personally think are a wonderful touch in any rts game. Brings back memories of good 2D games like Lords of the Realm II. I was wondering what others thought of them as well.

rekka
31-01-2004, 06:26
yep, nice stuff, this game looks pretty neat huh?
speaking of lords of the realm 2... i think im gonna go play it!!! that too is a good game.:D

hulkster225
31-01-2004, 07:47
I'm pretty impressed, I really think the artists they have did a great job for all the building and people models I have seen.

Henrik
31-01-2004, 18:47
yeahh, the graphic sure looks nice - there are so many nice details :)

Angryminer
31-01-2004, 18:50
God damn!
In this very moment I want to play KoH...
Now!

:(

Angryminer

rekka
31-01-2004, 20:46
since i started to learn programming, i have a brand new respect for video games. the effort that must have gone and is still going into something like this must be HUUUUGE! judging from the screenshots i say kudos to the developers already.:cheers: (PS - i agree with angryminer! RIGHT NOW! I WANT TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!)

Dankish
31-01-2004, 21:15
2D games. I like them so much more than the "modern" 3D games nowdays. It's all about the spectacle, I think. But the classic 2D games such as AoE and LotR2 still look cool for me. I am strongly against full 3D games. Just don't like them.
(May be I'd make a small exception about WarCraft III here. The more colours, the better spectacle:).

Haegemon
01-02-2004, 00:21
Talking about graphics, someone knows if the graphics change depending of the region? For example the castels, every country has the same style of building graphicaly?

Overdose
01-02-2004, 17:33
the graphics are more then good, from those screen shots I have seen the game looks so much alive and detailed.. :) Cant wait for it to get released :)

ArmosaDrako
01-02-2004, 17:51
Must agree, want to play this game right now, i'm itching for it but can't scratch....bring out the demo plz? :D

Berserkr138
08-02-2004, 04:14
Haegemon brings up a good point, are Castles built in say, Norway, going to look different than castles built in Spain? You'd think the buildings would look different to represent the different architectural styles of the various regions/time periods.

Legolas
08-02-2004, 06:18
Yes, I too hope they use appropriate and historic architechture for each country. I would also like to compliment them on the nice graphics for a 2D game. When viewing from the zoomed in(close)view it looks really nice, and the zoomed out(far) view looks ok. I appreciate how everything is proportioned correctly, (units are the appropriate size, not too big, not too small). Many game developers dont seem to care about size and proportions, I'm glad this one does.

Haegemon
08-02-2004, 20:26
Yes, 2D graphics are fine quality. :)

the knightly sword
07-03-2004, 20:20
god dammit dankish 3d games is very beautifull 2d is to.but they both has ther good sides and bad sides.(Ps koh looks exacly as the medievil ages ther designers have been working all night)

koh rocks:cheers: :cheers: :bday: :bday: :D :D

Emhyr var Emreis
07-03-2004, 23:22
2D is far better for strategies like KoH than 3D. That's for sure.

Haegwemon's point is good, I guess.
I think I saw somewhere of 3 styles: western, Eastern, Arabic.
So if yes, shold be aslo western:english/french, nordic/german/central-european
east:at least russian, greek
arabic is for sure arabic
and mixtures like: italian (east+west)
spanish(arabic+west)
armenian(arabic+east)

or at least those mixtures which mede specific regioal architecture...
oh, sin't it little bit too much?

x_Scarface_x
08-03-2004, 00:13
I have always preffered 2d buildings. They are always much more detailed and nicely drawn out. They really seem more realistic then 3d these days. The units are cool. But it might have been interesting to do like ron did and make 3d units with a 2d environment. Either way the landscape in KoH looks great too.

Angryminer
08-03-2004, 11:23
I prefer
3D ground (hills etc.)
3D units (so their rotations are smooth)
2D objects (like buildings etc. - in the sake of details)
fixed camera.

Angryminer

Emhyr var Emreis
08-03-2004, 11:34
3D units also if they are much poorer than 2D units?

I've seen some 3D units in some games, but their detailed look is very very poor. You don't really need to rotate around the battle to win it. Just find a good hill to watch it from :D

Haegemon
08-03-2004, 18:44
If you know any game of Commandos, I thinks that is a good shape of graphics.

People: 3D
Objects: High quality 2D graphics
Ground: High quality 2D graphics
Interiors: 3D (In Commandos 2 and 3)
Camera: 4 angles

rado907
11-03-2004, 05:46
Originally posted by Haegemon
If you know any game of Commandos, I thinks that is a good shape of graphics.

People: 3D
Objects: High quality 2D graphics
Ground: High quality 2D graphics
Interiors: 3D (In Commandos 2 and 3)
Camera: 4 angles
I agree! Commandos 2 has one of the best graphic engines I've seen in a computer game.
BUT! All the maps in the game were crafted laborously milimeter by milimeter, and they filled up 3 (!) discs, all 10 (plus a couple of smallish bonus maps) maps in total.