PDA

View Full Version : Crusade

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Heretic
05-03-2004, 21:50
Originally posted by shagrath_the_dead
PAGAN ARMIES ARISE :D

Hehe, I agree you one more time...
Ancient Egyptians were polytheists, it means "pagan". I hope they will arise too...:D
muhuhuhahahahaaaaaa:p
I will lead them

Heretic
06-03-2004, 11:54
Question:
Will Arabs have maces (but not with chain)? Maces squash crusaders' helms, or make holes. Arabs understood that with swords they will not make heavy toll for crusaders's chainmail or iron helms, will not kill enemy, so, they invent more efective weapon - maces.:cheers:

Angryminer
06-03-2004, 13:06
Don't you think that the biggest part of medieval armies lacked proper armor like chainmail etc.?

Angryminer

Henrik
06-03-2004, 13:22
I think that Heretic is just concerned with the game balance, so it's a perfectly good question to ask IMHO

I also think that the Arabs don't have much armor they should be able to buy standard units at a lower cost - ie. what they lack in armor, they can can make up for in numbers.

Jarlabanke
06-03-2004, 13:53
Chainmail got more or less common by the end of the Medieval period, maces however I'd say are best used agaisnt people wearing platearmor. And the arabs lack of armor served them pretty well as most of the fighting they did was down in south where it's a bit too hot for running around in a 40kg fullplate.

Heretic
06-03-2004, 18:38
Arab men were trained to fight on a horse. They had to learn how to strike enemy and make damage. When rider strikes an infantryman, he can't fall down of his horse. They whack to the enemy's head (it is easier than strike to the breast), squashes helm (helms aren't made from chains) and head too. The poor infantryman, if he survives, he lose consciousness and he can't fight. The beat is very hard, because Arab rider wipes the mace awhile, the horse runs quick and infantry man has nothing to do, perhaps run.
But then Arab fights against other mounted soldier or fights underfoot, probably the better way is fight with a sword.
:viking:

Siena
09-03-2004, 17:47
Originally posted by Heretic
Question:
Will Arabs have maces (but not with chain)? Maces squash crusaders' helms, or make holes. Arabs understood that with swords they will not make heavy toll for crusaders's chainmail or iron helms, will not kill enemy, so, they invent more efective weapon - maces.:cheers:

maces were used against heavily armored heads in other parts in the world too :)

*hint - Samogitians and Lithuanians used it to smash Teutonic helmets* :)

:cheers:

shagrath_the_dead
09-03-2004, 18:48
sounds so damn good guys n gal ;)

Heretic
09-03-2004, 20:17
Originally posted by Siena
maces were used against heavily armored heads in other parts in the world too :)

*hint - Samogitians and Lithuanians used it to smash Teutonic helmets* :)

:cheers:
Mace turns around the head, one two three and poor Teutonic soldier falls down...ya ya ya
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
saliut, Siena

Siena
09-03-2004, 20:34
Originally posted by Heretic
Mace turns around the head, one two three and poor Teutonic soldier falls down...ya ya ya
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
saliut, Siena

hey Heretic :)

I'll :cheers: to that :)