PDA

View Full Version : IGN ignoring KoH?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Elewyn
25-05-2004, 20:40
Hey. When seeking for some new article on IGN I found there today one really ****ing pol:

What strategy game are you most looking forward: and there is not KoH?

Hey, Sunflowers, what is that? (sorry, I don't mean it so, just it's scary for me-KoH fan to se ign ignoring such a game).

They work little too long on their article, don't they, E3 is more than week ago and still no news? :scratch: Frank, are you sure they will come with something?

Kuno of Gersenau
25-05-2004, 20:48
:( ...it really looks a bit like IGN thinks that KoH is only a "peanut"...:nono:

Drake Maethor
25-05-2004, 21:11
If that is the case, then measures have to be taken....

Lads and lasses! Draw your sWORDS and prepare your chainMAILS!

We may invade IGN!
:cheers:

Redback
25-05-2004, 22:45
Yeah it ****s,that nobody is posting any news on the net.
Don't these Gaming sites know a great game when they see it?.
I spent abit of time searching since I got a week off work.

So far only found 3 tiny articles,and Gamer Pulse wasn't really that accurate,was it?.

Maybe Developers should press the Game magazines for a preview.;)

I know older people should have more patience{and patience is a virtue }
But I {we}really like this game,and I'm starving for Info.;(

Maybe when I go back to work,and have less time to get onto the net,things will start to roll.;( :)
:cheers:

Gorgoroth
25-05-2004, 22:48
1. KoH propably won't sell as good as Warcraft 3, SC, Civ3 etc, I guess that is why they left it out from the poll. [They are adding the games of the bigger game developers only.]
Just take a look at the forum community of KoH. It is very very small compared to some other game communities.

2. Who cares about IGN? :rolleyes:

Sir Turylon
25-05-2004, 23:13
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
1. KoH propably won't sell as good as Warcraft 3, SC, Civ3 etc, I guess that is why they left it out from the poll. [They are adding the games of the bigger game developers only.]
Just take a look at the forum community of KoH. It is very very small compared to some other game communities.

@ 1. This is true, but coming from the other "fan communities" I would have to say that this one has been a delightful break from the mindless "13 year olds posting OMG GIMME HELP! PLZ! AND ITEMS! KTHX." forums. Eveyerone seems to be mature and very honorable in their treatment of other members. (even in opposition)

Also, KoH might be a sleeper hit, just like HL was. Hardly anyone knew of that game, Half Life, till a few months before its release.

@ 2. who?

Rnett
25-05-2004, 23:15
Originally posted by Gorgoroth

That's right :go:

Drake Maethor
26-05-2004, 01:09
Originally posted by Rnett
That's right :go:

It's not wise to ignore the power of the 4th power...

Finellach
26-05-2004, 01:19
IGN is the 4th power?

:p

Henrik
26-05-2004, 01:38
I also find it very stange that neither IGN nor Gamespot has made any articles about KoH during the E3 :confused: - maybe "our guys'n gals" at the E3 hasn't been up to their best.

geno604
26-05-2004, 01:58
I dont mind ign, i like their coverage of games usually.

The devs said that IGN would post coverage of the game.. so i hope its some coverage indeed.

Usually the developers with millions and a background get most of the attention, that just the way games work. HL started with nuthin, but now they have a huge following, lets hope KOH starts a following so that the money can roll in for expansions and other goodies.

Henrik
26-05-2004, 02:13
I also think that the PR department of Sunflowers should release a little more screenshots to the various gamesites and there by create attention for the game - but that's just my opinion !

Albanian_Empire
26-05-2004, 03:38
Let's face it wht they don't pay attention to this game in ign, or gamespot. Look at other games that are not better then this and they are to be released in the fall but everyone pays attention to them because they got over 300 screenshots and tons of trailers and videos. If you wait every Friday to write a very short update that won't work. If people hear that this game is similar to age of empires they will like it and everyone will start to pay atttention to it. There needs to be more info on the game before it comes out. I am not blaming anyone but that's what i think it would be better for this game to be heard more that other games.

Peace out! :peace:

Henrik
26-05-2004, 06:24
I'll agree with you - i think they need to release a video trailer to get the gamesites attention.

Drake Maethor
26-05-2004, 07:08
I agree but not the part that it is like Age of Empires...
First, they would believe it its an unoriginal clone, which is totally false.
Second, it isn't true!
Third, that have already been done! And I think it makes the idea that the game is boring. There are lots of AOK clones out there, and these journalists usually say:
"This seems to be another AOK clone (readers mind says: AGAIN? BORING...) except that it includes... (reader's mind: YEAH YEAH! ANOTHER ONE... BORING!).

If you want to make this game interesting by comparing it to another games, then say it is THE MEDIEVAL VERSION OF CIVILIZATION WITH THE REAL TIME BATTLES OF AGE OF EMPIRES.

FOR ME THAT'S THE WAY TO PROMOTE THIS GAME.

Nadine Knobloch
26-05-2004, 10:54
I talked to the deputy of IGN who visited us on site.
He assured me that they're going to pick up Knights of Honor today. Including the promised surprise.

I know that I tax your patience - but it's not only up to me to decide when and where and how much the journalists report on KoH.

Elewyn
26-05-2004, 11:39
We love you Nadine :hug:

I think we never thought it was your fault :)

But also I must agree with posts above (@Henrik, @Drake, @Albanian).:cheers:

Gorgoroth
26-05-2004, 12:32
You all must understand one thing. The turn based & turn based / real time combined system isnt that popular on the gaming market...sadly.
The top strategy games are all real time, totally, and this wont change ever, in fact it will be worse for the turn based fans in a few years. Why? Propably because the majority of the players are preferring the multi-player part of the games.
The KoH multiplayer cannot be a competition for AoK, WC3 etc.
The KoH singleplayer part is, what will be awesome. Just dont forget, TBS system + not that good MP -> small playerbase.

Personally the turn based games are my favourite, those are the REAL strategy games for me, but sadly 10/9 players are preferring the pure RTS genre. :rolleyes:

Angryminer
26-05-2004, 12:40
KoH and TBS? :confused:

Angryminer

Redback
26-05-2004, 12:54
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch
I talked to the deputy of IGN who visited us on site.
He assured me that they're going to pick up Knights of Honor today. Including the promised surprise.

I know that I tax your patience - but it's not only up to me to decide when and where and how much the journalists report on KoH.

Cool,thats great news Nadine,thanks alot.:D :D
And Thanks for the Heads up:cool: :D