PDA

View Full Version : Your style, My Lord?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

King Aldred
19-01-2004, 21:11
a little thought here. why is brute force an option??? I mean it is an medieval game. there will be brute force in there any way you play it. evnen if you opt for espionage and diplomacy you won't (in my opinion) be able to conquer all of europe.

I just hope all 3 options are represented :angel:

Cork2
20-01-2004, 03:36
Well i am gessing those are 3 ways to play the game.

Brute force - You just wipe everyone out with your army. No diplomicy and no espionace

Diplomicy - you win the gameby making treaties and paying you ally to take out your enemy and just consantrate on resources. No Brute force and espionage.

Espionage - you train spys and have them spy on enemys or assasinate them and no brute force and diplomicy.:cheers:

King Aldred
20-01-2004, 21:38
I don't think you can separate the stiles completly. do you think it would be possible to assasinate every king in the game (your goal is to conquer all of europe). I guess that would require some top-end spys.
or by diplomacy alone?? that would require like 500 daughters or so ... :sick: :rofl:

I 'm not trying to offend anyone but I think any way you play the game (diplomacy or espionage) it will always recuire some brute force. we are talking about the dark ages here (one of the most violent periods in human history ... )

what i'm trying to say is brute force will always be there no mather how diplomatic you are
:cheers:

Angryminer
20-01-2004, 21:43
But you won't survive without fixing some Non-Aggretion-pacts together here and there, because you'd get crushed from all sides ;) .
And espionage comes in handy, too.
So the player will at least have to use diplomacy and his army. Maybe one can ignore espionage - but that surely won't make it easier for you!

Angryminer

Cork2
21-01-2004, 00:46
Well for espionage i gess you need alot of good agents. You don't need to assasinate the king. You could start a rebellion there and other stuff.

For diplomicy you don't have to marray away 500 daughters for treaties. You can give them resources or gold. And you can have another king attack your enemy for you for a certain price.:cheers:

Arjenvs
21-01-2004, 00:59
According to Frank it is the plan that it is possible to conquer Europe without a single battle of your own.....

I think it is very hard though...

King Aldred
21-01-2004, 15:11
I think so too. I mean how can you convinse an ally to join you? I suppose you can offer money for land and with marriage. but I don't think a player wil easely sell his land. and shurly not his capital. or do you win when you and your allies conquer all of europe.
what if all of europe is divided in 3? you an ally and an enemy, what would you do then. seeing that you have to win without espionage and battles??? I am rather stuck here :(
if anyone can clear this up for me ...

or is the diplomacy system explained somewhere so I can read it and mayby figure out a way myself

I don't mean to be difficult or anything. I just want to comprehend the game a little, because it defenately looks great but will it play great, I just hope so ...

:bday:

Angryminer
21-01-2004, 15:35
You can have an enemy attacked by your ally, so you won't have to fight until there are only two nations left. After that you could buy land from him and bribe knights/inflict rebellions, until he surrenders, because you own 95% of europe ;) .

Angryminer

King Aldred
21-01-2004, 17:34
That would indeed exclude you from fighting :) would be rather boring though :sick: and you would need a lot of money but mayby it is possible.

Cork2
21-01-2004, 22:05
don't forget about rebels. You can bribe them to attack someone.

King Aldred
22-01-2004, 15:42
COOL. even if they are rebbeling against you??

Emhyr var Emreis
22-01-2004, 15:52
Originally posted by EricTheRed
Diplomacy is for wimps. Who needs positive foreign relations justlook at George W. I'm guessing he would have voted with choice # 1 lol
Yea. Who cares about positive foreign relations, when holding army more powerfull than the rest of the world... hahaha

but he has to have goooood espionage, not that like in I*...

sorry, no politics here

For me, diplomacy wins. I'm probably from old school. Good and loyal ally, helping other allies if possible to enforce myself :D by that. The stronger alliance is, the stronger I am

Cork2
22-01-2004, 16:41
Originally posted by King Aldred
COOL. even if they are rebbeling against you??

If you offer enought gold or resources then i think they would.

Martinus
22-01-2004, 16:41
Personally I enjoy third option the most, with a bit of diplomatic backstabbing and military conquest to discourage potential agressors preferring more brutish methods. ;)

Martinus
22-01-2004, 16:52
Originally posted by BINGFA
BLOODUK:

It i snot for me to teach you these things but just consider we are talking about your mother or your sister or your daughter or your niece.

To speak of Rape is a very traumatic thing for many. It is not a subject that should be made a game of. IMHO. To play soldiers this is taught in most cultures in case in future a boy must become a soldier. We wish that no boy become a rapist.

Not all the ugliness of the world need be spoken in a forum such as this.

You speak how you wish but understand it will be reflected in how other members interact or refuse to interact with you.

I am one of the bluntest people on earth so I am not a very good teacher on this subject I learn and I hope you will too.

BLOODUK: I have said all I will say on this topic. You make your own judgements.

:)
The fact that for you talking about rape is a no-no, while talking about mass slaughter is ok just proves your hypocrisy, my friend, nothing else. ;)

As for the original point made by BLOODUK, I dont know how it will be developped in the game, but dynastic building, through marriages and making of children, is one of the most valid and historically correct ways of building an Empire.

Just look at Habsburgs or Plantagenets.

Martinus
22-01-2004, 16:54
Originally posted by G_R
Espionage is for cowards.
Espionage is for clever people. :cool:

Lord Sandman
23-01-2004, 08:52
Espionage is another weapon against enemies....( I love espionage options in Star Wars: rebellion)

Emhyr var Emreis
23-01-2004, 11:48
Originally posted by Martinus
Espionage is for clever people. :cool: You frgot "only" for clever...
I'm not that one. So diplomacy and force should must be enough for me.
The only fruit of MY spionage would probably be war against all others :D

Darius
23-01-2004, 12:17
hehe... same for me... It's more fun just running your enemy over with brute force

Emhyr var Emreis
23-01-2004, 12:22
I like also diplomacy. But espionage is even more complicated and risky:silly: