PDA

View Full Version : Your style, My Lord?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 14:21
Well, I prefer War like Hannibal, Hitler, Wilhelm II., Atilla the Hun, the Conquistadors, Napoleon etc.
You see, many rulers preferred war before diplomacy;)

Prins_v_Brabant
27-06-2004, 15:44
diplomatics (but not too much of course) a bit of war on it's time to increase your lands is also fun as neccessary
that was the main-issue in Medieval Total War what was missing. the diplomatic ways were very low and not reliable.

hase957
27-06-2004, 15:47
Originally posted by HappyAdolf
Well, I prefer War like Hannibal, Hitler, Wilhelm II., Atilla the Hun, the Conquistadors, Napoleon etc.
You see, many rulers preferred war before diplomacy;)

And some of them where not really good in it (Wilhelm II.)

Prins_v_Brabant
27-06-2004, 15:51
Originaly posted by hase957
And some of them where not really good in it (Wilhelm II.)

none where good in it, they all ended up dead or in prison :D

Elewyn
27-06-2004, 15:59
I think that Alexander, or William the Conqueror

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 15:59
Yes, that's right. They all failed. Wait, not all of them! Alexander the Great conquerd nearly the whole world and didn't fail in it!!
And Dschingis Khan!!! He, too, conquered whole Asia and Eastern Europe and died a natural dead at the age of 80!!!
And what about Atilla the hun? He brought the Roman Empire to fall! And he did't die in battle, but celebrated himself to the dead at his own marriage!
And William the Conquerer was the only one who ever invaded England successfully after the Romans! No one after him could do this!!!!
So you see, there were many people who did succeed by making war!!!! So am I in KoH!!!

Elewyn
27-06-2004, 16:05
Originally posted by HappyAdolf
And Dschingis Khan!!! He, too, conquered whole Asia and Eastern Europe and died a natural dead at the age of 80!!!
And what about Atilla the hun? He brought the Roman Empire to fall! And he did't die in battle, but celebrated himself to the dead at his own marriage!
And William the Conquerer was the only one who ever invaded England successfully after the Romans! No one after him could do this!!!!
cannot agree at all.
Djenghiz Khan-yea, he captured big part of Asia, but hi didn't even step on Byzantine(Eastern Roman) area afaik.
Attila was big danger for Romans, but it was not him, it were Ododaker and Theoderich.
William I. was not the first succesfull. Also William III. of Orange, ruler of the Netherlands invaded England succesfully in 1688/9 in so called Glorious revolution. He had some supporters in England, but he invaded against legal king James II. (PS: I did an exam of this just few days ago)

But, of course in the rest you are right! :go:

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 16:13
Ah, it's good to see you as our best historian to support my way of conquering Europe in KoH.:D :cheers: :D

azores
27-06-2004, 20:06
I never sad that only diplomacy had to get rhe upper hand, but with diplomacy you can manage better and be more realistic and than of course rage WAR were u see most suitable !!! war and diplomacy are neighbors :) but not being blant.

Tzar Sartor
30-06-2004, 19:45
I prefer spying because in every other game when you spy and sabotage you get a half win. For example The Frozen Throne - when your gets abominatons you spy him and get gryphons. So he cannot do anything and you win. Am I right?

Kuno of Gersenau
01-07-2004, 15:53
He can find out that you send a spy when he give one of HIS spies the order for searching spies...

azores
02-07-2004, 03:37
Yes i think that spies will work just like assasins in medivial total war they will have their % of being sucessful ! i think they can be found and killed by the enemy .

Lord_Guilherme
06-07-2004, 06:58
Brute Force for sure.
Kill the enemies with no mercy. Separate their heads form their bodies, burn their houses, throw salt on their fields, curse their family, rape their women. This will also make your people think two times before starting a rebbelion. I don't think they would like to have the same fate.
Diplomacy is for the weak, espionage is for the coward. If you are brave, cut out the head of your enemy and show who is the ruler and who is ruled. Hehehe :dwink: :dwink:

Elvain
29-07-2004, 07:05
this is probably the most successfull poll in here, don't you think? just to keep it alive...

Lancer
29-07-2004, 15:14
I voted for Brute force, but i would prefer to vote for all 3 real life as its impossible to win with just one strategy, you need a combination to become superior.

Ledhead
29-07-2004, 16:11
Gaming style is much affected by how the game-engine is designed.
For instance MTWs diplomacy ****s so there you can only play with brute force.
So before you actually have the game in your computer and on your monitor it's kinda hard to tell...

Hector
31-07-2004, 20:10
i find all three of them cool since when u have a game it is best to play it all the way

Noldy
06-08-2004, 10:32
Hmm, ill try all three of them

Elvain
16-01-2007, 18:02
old poll, but interesting IMO, and last post over 2 years old :biggrin:

Angryminer
16-01-2007, 18:33
And I didn't even vote on it in all that time. :smile:

Angryminer