PDA

View Full Version : What nations can you play?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Elewyn
12-05-2004, 12:02
maybe that's the way. But we must keep in mind that in KoH colours are little bit more important than in EU series (as far as I know), because in EU you don't see any battle like in KoH and you need to keep good level of orientation in battle melee. So then what Lithuania fighting Poland in strictly right colours or Poland fighting Bohemia, you hardly regcognize if that knight with something white on his red shield-is it a lion? an eagle? rider on a horse?

But yes. Devs, if possible, fix it please.

@Henrik. I know lilies are not crowns, but when you see two armies fighting each other one with three lilies on blue, one with three crowns on blue, you hardly recognize which banner is Swedish and which French, don't speak about shields or cloths.

Btw. One very good info for Baltics. On "political view" screenshot (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0125&all=0125|0124|0123|0122|0121|0120|0119|0118|0117) I recognied some lines which I interpreted as borders of realms. And this is (http://elvain.album.cz/map-suggestions/ttt797a11637fae8a3f.jpg) what I found there. Samogitia :) as separate realm not together with Kuronia :)

Angryminer
12-05-2004, 12:23
Maybe this is going too far, but well - better suggest too much than too few.

Perhaps all nations should have 'alternative' banners. Sweden has this crow, right? So if Sweden would fight against France Sweden would carry this alternative banner to make them recognizable.
Anyone agrees?

Angryminer

Frujin
12-05-2004, 12:30
Guys, please do not forget that in KoH new Kingdoms possibly are formed. Which means new heraldry is "made" for them. This may sound simpe, but believe me - any good logic is everything but simple. This is one of the reasons requiring more simplified heraldry.

Jarlabanke
12-05-2004, 12:50
Still wondering why Sweden is a part of Denmark though.

Henrik
12-05-2004, 15:36
Originally posted by Angryminer
Maybe this is going too far, but well - better suggest too much than too few.

Perhaps all nations should have 'alternative' banners. Sweden has this crow, right? So if Sweden would fight against France Sweden would carry this alternative banner to make them recognizable.
Anyone agrees?

Angryminer

I think alternative banners is a good idea Angryminer :go:

@Frujin - i think i can follow you IF i stop wearing my "nationalistic glasses" though it's very hard - i'll guess i share this feelings with our swedish brothers, coz they would probably like to see the tre kronor as their COA

@Jarlabanke *teasing* well don't ya think it's nice that the devs correcting a few "flaws" in our common history ( seen from a danish POV ) :D - i know a few kings who would have agreed with the drawing of the map :D :D :D

Jarlabanke
12-05-2004, 15:49
They were actually thinking on a Scandinavian union back in the 19-hundreds. The whole thing fell apart when Denmark got overrun Prussia and Austria-Hungary and Sweden did nothing even though our king had guaranteed he would while being drunk or something like that.

Just realised that it's only a part of Norway that's dnaish on that map, making me ever more mystified :confused:

Elewyn
12-05-2004, 16:01
Hmm.. that's very very pity that Sweden is not there :(

also hereldry however simplyfied, it might be as accurate as possible. Yellow lion(as Jarlabanke showed us) for Sweden if not tre kronor, Danish flag or CoA, then adding rider on a horse makes another symbol for possible mixture (and that horse might be jumping to other side) for newly emerging kingdoms.

Henrik
12-05-2004, 16:16
Originally posted by Jarlabanke
They were actually thinking on a Scandinavian union back in the 19-hundreds. The whole thing fell apart when Denmark got overrun Prussia and Austria-Hungary and Sweden did nothing even though our king had guaranteed he would while being drunk or something like that.

Just realised that it's only a part of Norway that's dnaish on that map, making me ever more mystified :confused:

I must admit that if i had been the swedish king at that time i would probably have done the same ! why? looking from his POV he would have gotten rid of a bunch of annoying danes who's trying to invade his country time after time - so IMO it made really good sense.....

I also must admit that the map looks a bit odd - unless the screenshot was taken after the game had been running for a little while ie. so the danes would have gotten a chance to capture the whole of sweden - while i'm saying this i mean that in the game, sweden is (hopefully) made-up from several provinces....it large enough to support more than one province..

Elewyn
12-05-2004, 16:24
Originally posted by Henrik
I also must admit that the map looks a bit odd - unless the screenshot was taken after the game had been running for a little while ie. so the danes would have gotten a chance to capture the whole of sweden - while i'm saying this i mean that in the game, sweden is (hopefully) made-up from several provinces....it large enough to support more than one province.. Sweden deserves being there with more than one province far northwards, if only.

But I doubt it is after a while game is running, because it's called "kingdomselection" so it means it is the beggining of game :(

Siautas
12-05-2004, 16:34
Originally posted by Elewyn

Btw. One very good info for Baltics. On "political view" screenshot (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0125&all=0125|0124|0123|0122|0121|0120|0119|0118|0117) I recognied some lines which I interpreted as borders of realms. And this is (http://elvain.album.cz/map-suggestions/ttt797a11637fae8a3f.jpg) what I found there. Samogitia :) as separate realm not together with Kuronia :)

Good job Elewyn. You are like always - quick and definite:cheers:

Siautas
12-05-2004, 16:36
And really tnx to Developers for these screenshoots of Baltic region:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Henrik
12-05-2004, 16:40
Originally posted by Elewyn
Sweden deserves being there with more than one province far northwards, if only.

But I doubt it is after a while game is running, because it's called "kingdomselection" so it means it is the beggining of game :(

If that's true then all our - and especially yours, Elewyn "research" has been IN VAIN ! :angry:

Frujin
12-05-2004, 16:51
This screensots shows only one of the 3 entry periods. In other Sweden is there. Do not warry. Two days ago, they somehow managed to take all Scandinavia, to vassalize Danmark and to kick badly Novgorod. :)

Elewyn
12-05-2004, 16:56
so will you fix it? It's senseless to remove Sweden from political map of Europe however it is inly in of three entry points. I also hope you'll fix Prussia belonging to right side (not Poland) and as I said also Lotharingia (add Flandre and.. Friesland? to it)

Frujin
12-05-2004, 17:06
Also, did you noticed that the screen with the shields and the scrren with the map, are actually for two different entry periods?

Elewyn
12-05-2004, 17:11
Yes, I already did :) there is sweden on second one f.e.(if there isn't how can we ask you for changing the CoA?) :)

*EDIT*(sorry, my bad english, I wanted to write however it is only in one of three entry points, instead of it I wrote in each :silly:)

Henrik
12-05-2004, 17:18
Originally posted by Frujin
This screensots shows only one of the 3 entry periods. In other Sweden is there. Do not warry. Two days ago, they somehow managed to take all Scandinavia, to vassalize Danmark and to kick badly Novgorod. :)

This is probably sweet music for swedish ears !!! - thanks for commenting Frujin :)

Jarlabanke
12-05-2004, 17:32
Yeah I saw it was there in one entry period, the point is however, Sweden shouldn't be Danish in any of the entry periods. Especially not in the early period. I'm not refering to the political map screen but to the Kingdom selection II screen as it seems to be before a game starts.

Siena
12-05-2004, 23:02
Oh yeah - another IMPORTANT point about the new screenshots.

Samogitia seems not to have any forests - when in fact that was the most forested and swampy area at the time in Lithuania.
It was one of tha most important factors that Samogitians could hold off against Teutonic Order.

The Eastern Lithuania was less forested - that was where main towns were.

In the current map it is the other way around.

Elewyn
13-05-2004, 09:04
the same category with previous post. Bohemia has ot mountain wall around itself :)

Important, but in this case and for me not so much, I will like it if it will stay, but yea, I must say it, there was not so many ways how to cross bohemian mountains and enter the land.