PDA

View Full Version : What nations can you play?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Shand
07-11-2003, 06:59
Originally posted by Pomerania Prince
I think they said no N.Africa or Midle east. I would think that would limit these nations

this cant be a high nuuimber of units. we've already established that the number of units is at around 30 including siege units. so there doesnt seem to be to much room left to inlcude non christian units unless all the units are going to be generic, with no historical uniqueness. ie Swordsmen, Spearmen, Knights, Archers, then you have Muslim Swordsmen etc. that seems very generic, and doesnt seem like much thought has been put into that area. i hope im wrong tho

Frujin
07-11-2003, 10:05
Originally posted by Shand
... unless all the units are going to be generic, with no historical uniqueness. ie Swordsmen, Spearmen, Knights, Archers, then you have Muslim Swordsmen etc. that seems very generic, and doesnt seem like much thought has been put into that area. i hope im wrong tho

Very very wrong Shand :) How about templars?

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 10:38
or Highland Warriors ?:bday:

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 11:26
Sweden is in, dont worry:D

After all, Europe will be devided into more than 100 realms. So I guess one for everyone:cool:

Elewyn
07-11-2003, 12:33
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Sweden is in, dont worry:D

After all, Europe will be devided into more than 100 realms. So I guess one for everyone:cool:

But in the discussion above it doesn't seem you can play for all of them(100). I think you said there's only about 30 playable. Or not?:rolleyes: Is it possible to play for Navarra,Venice, Bohemia,Croatia or Teutonic knights?

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 13:44
The Fractions to choose are not broken down to that level.

But I dont say that there cant be a Kingdom called "Croatia" or "Bavaria" during playing the game. The world is very dynamic and Kingdoms may appear and disappear.

Moorkh
07-11-2003, 15:08
(today must be forum duty at BSS and Sunflowers :) )

Does that mean there are 26 factions to choose from at the beginning of the middle starting point or does that mean there are altogether 26 faction in that scenario, some which can be played, some that can't and some that only appear later in the scenario (like maybe the Mongols)?

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 17:26
20+ you can choose from and the game can theoreticaly evolve that Kingdoms may become that small that the number of realms = number of fractions. Means, we define entry point but the poltical situation will be always different for the player for when he leaves the game in the end. Kingdoms get conquered and disappear, rebelions may lead into independend realms, who later may become an own Kingdom etc.

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 17:28
(today must be forum duty at BSS and Sunflowers )

Sometimes even we are busy:D

Moorkh
07-11-2003, 17:52
Yeah, right - like we believe that!
You games people are just playing games all day and getting paid for it, too - everybody knows that! ;)

Elewyn
07-11-2003, 19:57
07-11-2003 19:37
OK,thanks

And is possible to enter the game whenever you want? like in 800A.D as Charlemagne or in 1273 as Rudolph of Habsburg etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20+ you can choose from and the game can theoreticaly evolve that Kingdoms may become that small that the number of realms = number of fractions.

so i can choosse from 20+ and there will be also another 70+ from which i cant? and in the biggining there will be about 20+ or about 100realms?

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 20:51
The number of realms is always fixed with 100+, also the borders. Only the ownership may change.

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 20:55
And is possible to enter the game whenever you want? like in 800A.D as Charlemagne or in 1273 as Rudolph of Habsburg etc.

Not quite that way. We have three entry points: Early, High and Late Medieval.

Difference between them are:

a) the existing fractions

b) the land the fractions control

Pomerania Prince
07-11-2003, 21:21
so this is just like M:Total War? With more fractions to choose.

bty what is the year for the start of scenarios?

Elewyn
08-11-2003, 10:00
The number of realms is always fixed with 100+, also the borders. Only the ownership may change.

So, you mean sth like in Europa universalis?

Moorkh
08-11-2003, 13:24
Yes and yes. More or less. :)

Hooba
10-11-2003, 20:56
The Dutch, the English and the Germans will probably be in this game as well, since those were some of the big nations in the Middle Ages.

Greetz
Hooba

Pikeman
11-11-2003, 08:18
Not to forget the scots, the picts, the magyars and the burgundians.

Elewyn
11-11-2003, 08:53
11-11-2003 08:43
And the French, the Castillian, the Aragonians... Republic of Venice! And the Kingdom of Sicily, remember on Frederic II. and also the Bohemians... :angel: OK...I know I'd like to play for my kings so much, but there were no more than 3 or 4 really crucial for central Europe...many of you can see them only like one of german princes and probably most of them were nothing more:confused:
And the Popes! and...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hooba
The Dutch,...will probably be in this game as well, since those were some of the big nations in the Middle Ages.

Greetz
Hooba

Um not sure that the Dutch really did. You mean commes of Flandres (who were from Low lands) or Holland, Brabant, Hainault, Liége, Mamour, Zeeland, Utrecht, Geldren, Zupthen, Friesland or what? the Dutch were in many small principates as long as the burgundians rule them all and put together... I think...I don't say it's true, I'm not studying the history of Low lands.

Pikeman
11-11-2003, 08:55
I don't think that the Pope should be a playable faction, but a faction nonetheless. It would be good if he had basically the same role as in MTW.