PDA

View Full Version : What nations can you play?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Gorgoroth
30-11-2003, 15:54
Originally posted by Elewyn
Hi, Gorgoroth. This is not a list of playable nations, but in the map you can see what nations seem to be playable. I must only say it's disappointing for me that Bohemia is not an individual nation. What is the opinoin of Hungarian of that?

Here is the map: http://www.avault.com/news/avscreenshots.asp?pic=knighthonor&num=3&story=11212003-1134

And here my interpretation, which may be above also... Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Englans, Wales, Irelans, Portugal, Castille, Aragon, France, Kingdom of Sicily/Naples, Papal state, Kingdom of Italy(northern), Suisse, the HolyRomanEmp.Poland, Lithuania, Russia/Kiev/Novgorod, Moldova/Kumans/Tatars, HUNGARY, Croatia, Serbia, Raguze(may be part of Croatia?), Walachia, Bulgaria and Bytantine emp.

But my question to Frank. If there will be a rebellion in Bohemia (i hope that realm of this name will be there) and I will play as king of Poland and rule over Bohemia. Will be possible to make Bohemia(and i hope Prague) my capital? I don't mean it only for this realm, but for all

Oh yes, I hope that we will be able to play as Bohemia. IMHO Bohemia is more important than Croatia or Serbia for example.
IF we can play as Croatia, we should be able to play as Bohemia as well.
Btw I love your country, Praga is really a beautiful, ancient city. :cool:

Pikeman
30-11-2003, 16:06
Bohemia was part of the HRE, so I guess that all the dutchies and kingdoms in the HRE are all under the control of the Emporer, even though it wasn't quite like that in reality. The HRE was more or less a medieval EU.

Pikeman
30-11-2003, 16:08
Bohemia was part of the HRE, so I guess that all the dutchies and kingdoms in the HRE are all under the control of the Emporer, even though it wasn't quite like that in reality. The HRE was more like a medieval EU.

Gorgoroth
30-11-2003, 16:42
So what? Croatia and Serbia were parts of Hungary...:D

Elewyn
30-11-2003, 16:48
Originally posted by Pikeman
Bohemia was part of the HRE, so I guess that all the dutchies and kingdoms in the HRE are all under the control of the Emporer, even though it wasn't quite like that in reality. The HRE was more like a medieval EU.

How could the emperor have control over Bohemia if he didn't have any rights there?huh?

The only emperor, who influenced what was happening in Bohemia, was Frederick Barbarossa. Any other emperors did no more than giving a confirmation to king who was chosen in Bohemia.

And for more. All other kingdoms(italian,burgundian,roman) were no more than titles for emperor.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the next is another post, posted just after this one above, so, now I put them together
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And as you said, Pikeman, Northern Italy was also no more than a part of the HRE.
And it's true that Croatia was a part of Hungary(even if it was kingdom). I'm not sure about Serbia, but I think it wasn't.

But I hope Frujin has sth good for me-Bohemian king:D

Pikeman
30-11-2003, 17:05
I would have liked to have all the individual kingdoms of the HRE, like Bavaria, Swabia, or the Teutonic Knights. Maybe you can make your own campaign maps, where you can decide the nations yourself. Now that would be cool! Even better would be to be able to make a completely new geography as well. I hope that we can.

Gorgoroth
30-11-2003, 17:52
"The Emperor, although himself usually an hereditary ruler of one or more states within the Empire, was elected to office. Nonetheless, several dynasties managed to perpetuate their grip upon the Imperial title. The surest means of establishing dynastic rule was for the Emperor to insure that his immediate heir was the inevitable choice of the "Electors" by having him nominated King of the Romans in his own lifetime. Those Princes who, by the early thirteenth century, had established their claim to the title of Electors of the Empire were the Prince Archbishops of Köln (Archchancellor of Italy), Trier (Archchancellor of Gaul) and Mainz (Archchancellor of Germany), the King of Bohemia (Imperial Cup Bearer) the Duke of Saxony (Imperial Marshal), the Count Palatine of the Rhine (Imperial Seneschal), and the MarkGraf (Margrave in English) of Brandenburg. Their number was formerly codified in an Imperial Bull of 1356 issued by the Emperor Karl IV (of Luxembourg, King of Bohemia). That this Bull was issued without reference to Papal authority indicates the decline of Papal power following the Avignon schism. Henry IV's humiliation at Canossa would never be repeated."

I really don't know...hmm...IF Croatia will be independent, Bohemia must be independent too.

Richard Plantagenet
01-12-2003, 00:51
from the map screen shot Elewyn posted a page back, it seems the Pope is a playable nation? (the bright gold colour). If this is the case, then I'd be ex-comm other nations on a weekly basis :D and extorting them for money!

but seriously, would there be crusades? the crusades in MTW was done quite thoughtfully (albeit a bit too overpowering at times), and posed credible threat to ex-comm'd nations.

Elewyn
01-12-2003, 01:03
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
[BI really don't know...hmm...IF Croatia will be independent, Bohemia must be independent too. [/B]

Thanx for Bohemian lobby:D :D

:cheers:

Gorgoroth
01-12-2003, 10:28
Thanx for Bohemian lobby:D :D

You're welcome friend.

Btw check out this map. Europe in 1100 ->

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1100.htm

..and Europe in 1200 ->

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1200.htm

Bohemia must be independent as well.
The Croatian territory was part of the Hungarian Kingdom, but it had some sort of independece as well, that is why it is displayed with a different color on these early maps.
I think Bohemia in the HRE is totally like Croatia in the Hungarian Kingdom.
Any thoughts?

Elewyn
01-12-2003, 10:39
By the colours on the map, they're the same (Boh. and Croatia), but we know, that reign was diferent.The King of Hungary was the same person like the king of Croatia, instead king of Bohemia was most of times someone slightly diferent, than the emperor (expect Karl IV., Václav IV. and Sigismund of Luxembourg, bohemian kings etc.)

Gorgoroth
01-12-2003, 13:24
By the colours on the map, they're the same (Boh. and Croatia), but we know, that reign was diferent.The King of Hungary was the same person like the king of Croatia, instead king of Bohemia was most of times someone slightly diferent, than the emperor (expect Karl IV., Václav IV. and Sigismund of Luxembourg, bohemian kings etc.)

Oh yes, indeed! The King of Hungary ruled all the lands of course, there were no 'indy' rulers. In fact Croatia's highest noble title was the 'bán'. It was a high noble title in those days.
It could be compared to the 'vajda' or 'voivod' in Erdély aka. Transylvania. Transylvania was part of Hungary as well of course.
[Hungary lost huge territories after WW I. and WW II., because we were allied with the Germans, and we [[Axis]] lost the war..so the punishment was, that the Allied nations took the biggest parts of the ancient lands and gave those to Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovakia, Ukraine and Austria.. - Maybe you've heard about Trianon. - It is sad and interesting, that no other nation was screwed up that much..since we've lost huge territories..I guess we were the only nation who lost territories like this...who knows why...]

The dismemberment of Hungary by the Treaty of Trianon - 1920. jun. 4. ->

http://hipcat.hungary.org/users/hipcat/trianon_lg.gif

Ok this was a little historic lesson! :D

rado907
02-12-2003, 00:17
you know what won't be cool? If they include all the kingdoms but many are almost the same ;-/.

Richard Plantagenet
02-12-2003, 06:56
any thought about the mongol invasion?

Elewyn
02-12-2003, 07:06
Originally posted by rado907
you know what won't be cool? If they include all the kingdoms but many are almost the same ;-/.

???:(

On this map,
http://www.avault.com/news/avscreenshots.asp?pic=knighthonor&num=3&story=11212003-1134
in the right bottom corner I counted about 10-13 realms in HRE. So, I have question to devs. If you know it yet, how many(and if you can reveal, which) of these are right?
Swabia, Bavaria, Netherlands, Cologne, Saxony(Low), Meissen, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Silesia, Austria, Pommerania, Prussia, Moravia, Franconia, Gdañsk, Mecklenburg, Pfalz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, here are some maps I made as a suggestion of world view. I hope that doesn't mind that there are not Norway, most of Sweden and Finland...

It's made on base of year1300's Europe...

http://elvain.album.cz/koh-maps/

wombo
04-12-2003, 00:54
Originally posted by Richard Plantagenet
any thought about the mongol invasion?

It would be sweet if the mongol invasion was included

but it would be better if u could play as the mongols, even though they're not from Europe

any thoughts?

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 08:43
Oooops.I think my map is useless. Just a try...

About the Mongols:
It would be great to have them included in the game. Put them into kingdom north of the BlackSea, south of Russia and give them strong manpower...

And, oooh...The maps are really different
Just have look at two screnshots with London, one in late period and one in early period (I guess)
http://www.strategyinformer.com/misc/screenshot-viewer.shtml?knightsofhonor,26,8
and...
http://www.fragland.net/index.php?page=screenshots&gid=1376
at the bottom left corner

Es.
04-12-2003, 10:16

And, oooh...The maps are really different
Just have look at two screnshots with London, one in late period and one in early period (I guess)
http://www.strategyinformer.com/misc/screenshot-viewer.shtml?knightsofhonor,26,8
and...
http://www.fragland.net/index.php?page=screenshots&gid=1376
at the bottom left corner
No it's the same map, it's just the zoom level thats different.

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 10:40
Originally posted by Es.
No it's the same map, it's just the zoom level thats different.

I can't agree. I mean really the oneon the left bottom corner, from may 15 and the view of London from september 5.

The one from may has Wessex just under London and in the second you can see no realm capital just under London (there's a map in the right bottom corner of this screenshot).
Also the towns are slightly different and it's not question of upgrades (on the may15 you can compare upgraded London with non-upgraded town of Wessex. And also the direction of river Thames is different.

Also, Frank said there are different realms in different time periods, so the maps should be different.

Es.
04-12-2003, 10:55
I can't agree. I mean really the oneon the left bottom corner, from may 15 and the view of London from september 5.

The one from may has Wessex just under London and in the second you can see no realm capital just under London (there's a map in the right bottom corner of this screenshot).
Also the towns are slightly different and it's not question of upgrades (on the may15 you can compare upgraded London with non-upgraded town of Wessex. And also the direction of river Thames is different.

Also, Frank said there are different realms in different time periods, so the maps should be different.
May 15 to sep 5 thats around 4 months.
I think the map could have changed several times doring that period og game development, cause the dev's wasent satisfied with it.
I do know that the geoagraphi in no way could/can change that ,much on a few hundred years of game play :bowl: